Wednesday, January 22, 2014

More Ways of Remembering

Since I talked about remembering my cowboy, I've been thinking about things that I do. I don't do much. I know other families who do things for the hospitals who helped them, raise cancer awareness through head shaving and speaking to the government, and those who see the memory of their child spread across states. I'm a little jealous of their zest for the cause and the memory of their child. I've just never been that person. My remembrance and emotional turmoil has always been more private. It doesn't make either of us wrong; just different. Recently, I've begun participating in a few events each year to remember my cowboy and support the cause. I feel weird about asking people to help, donate, participate. Like I'm imposing on their lives by asking by talking about cancer. Maybe it's just me.

I do want to do things to spread the word, to support families currently struggling with their own children, and to support research so that it occurs less in the future. I just don't know how to do it the best/right way.

One of the things that we've started doing (we're at our third year) is build a team in memory of my cowboy. It would be great to have a lot of people involved and supporting us. I don't know if I waited to long to be putting myself and our story out there. Maybe people have forgotten or moved on. I haven't. It's still with me everyday. He's still with me everyday.

P.S. If you happen to read this and want to know more about the event we do. Wink, wink. Here's some links.

PCRF Reaching for the Cure

Booster

No comments:

Post a Comment