Sunday, April 19, 2015

Little Bean: Part 6

This morning we went back to the doctor. After a week of waiting, bad news, no news, mourning, and more waiting we're here for answers. We expect for them to tell us that our little bean is gone. We'll never see him or hear his voice. It's funny (funny strange, not funny haha) how knowing you're pregnant for a few weeks can have such a profound impact on you. This baby is yours and generally loved despite how excited or terrified you are about the pregnancy.

In the ultrasound room we wait and hold hands as the tech peruses my uterus. The thing she says, when she finally speaks blows us away. She sees baby and a heartbeat. Then she lets us hear it. It is strong and clear, like it's always been that way. It is beautiful. We are amazed. We are overcome.

The nurses hear little bean's heartbeat and are overjoyed for us. Everyone is so kind. I am just shocked. I am relieved to be able to give my family good news after weeks of telling them we have no answers. Today, we have an answer. Little bean is alive and growing.

Today I am pregnant and I love my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment