Friday, August 23, 2013

Couponing Conundrum

For me, couponing is stressful and, possibly, unrewarding. Granted, I'm not one of those extreme couponer ladies. I just figure, now that I'm home (READ=broke), I should help reduce the monthly expenses even further by whittling away at our grocery budget. I went shopping today an got a fair amount of stuff. The receipt makes me feel successful in my endeavor.


I couldn't believe it when I saw my total savings. Especially since I was very nervous about whether or not the coupons and deals would work like I imagined. Their coupon system is actually cool. They allow you to load manufacturer coupons to your reward card which is automatically applied to your purchase when your card is scanned. I only hand carried about half a dozen coupons. With sales, their coupons, and manufacturer coupons I saved around 50% off my total. Wowza!

I can't help but wonder if my total savings is skewed because I went to a new grocery store. I wonder what the total would have been if I had gone to Staters (my normal choice for grocery shopping). Part of me wonders if I was actually ripped off by their sale and high price gimmicks! Who knows?!?!?

On the plus side, I'm confident I can do this again and be successful. I can only get better, right? AND I can show the receipt to my hubs and bask in his praise at what an industrious wifey I am. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment