Thursday, August 29, 2013

Work-at-home Mommy

It's a not enough to be called a stay-at-home mommy or homemaker. There's now a class of work-at-home mommies. I am now going to join the ranks of these working mommies. I'm not filling out surveys or secret shopping or doing data entry. I will be teaching in a virtual classroom.

I know I'll still be home and my wild thing doesn't have to go anywhere for me to work. My concern is that I will be home with him, but not actually present. If I'm going to work, this home teaching assignment is the best case scenario. So why am I hesitating? I feel like a big whiner that I get to be home with my wild thing (except for the few hours I'll be teaching while he naps or is with a mother's helper) and I get to make money.

Parenting is hard and I'm always second-guessing myself. I want my wild thing to have 110% from me. (I also feel the need to give 110% to my job and school and anything else I decide to take on.) It's relatively easy for me to be patient with him or meet all if his needs. The struggle I have is that I feel the need to savor every minute...every milestone. Here's hoping I can work from home and savor everything my wild thing has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment