Friday, July 26, 2013

Not a Spontaneous Bone in My Body

And this trip is proof why I should stay that way. We're currently on night three of an impromptu road trip. Yesterday my husband lost his ATM card. Last night our reservation was lost...as in non-existent...after we drove three hours to get there. Earlier today the hotel called about said nonexistent reservation and wants another card number so they can charge us. I explained the situation nicely and they call back still confused. Tonight we get to the hotel and they can see our reservation but have no room for us. WTH people!?!?! Now I'm ready to grab the guy by the tie and pull him over the counter if he doesn't find a room for my family.

I think planning, for me, is about protecting my family. My hubs, step-daughter, and my wild thing need watching out for and it's my job to do it. I go into mama bear mode when people screw with my plans for my family. (Sometimes my hubs gets in the way of his own protection.)  I did everything I could to protect my cowboy and it wasn't enough. That's probably why planning is so important to me now.

On a side note, we've had some fun on vacation. My step-daughter keeps reminding me to play the glad game. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment