Monday, July 1, 2013

Save the drama for the llamas.

There has been so much drama lately, I'm not sure what's going on. Is it the super moon? Is it the horrendous southern California heat? I came home the other day and told the hubs, "You may drive me crazy, but at least our lives are mostly drama free."

There has been pregnancy, death, death, heart conditions, fights, marital separation, death, pregnancy, and bipolar episodes (without the diagnosis). All of this in the span of a week or two. ALL of this within my small circle or family and friends.

Don't get me wrong; I hurt for all they are going through. I've been through all of this myself. BUT do you ever wonder why there are people for whom drama is a constant part of their lives? Is it their choices, personality, etc.? I don't have the answer. I just know I'm thought to be a HUGE B for trying to avoid it in my life. I'm unsupportive and judgmental. (I won't lie. I'm judging. Everyone does.)

A few years ago, my life was in a season of struggle and "small" amount of drama. There was marital separation, girlfriends, divorce, custody battles, cancer, and death. I'm blessed that the current season of my life is much calmer. I spend time with hubs and my little wild thing in our calm (if a little dirty) house. I'm not so stupid to think I will be this way forever. I'm just glad it is now.

For a laugh (and distraction from the drama all around) I read a little commentary on Fundies. Hilarious! I disagree on one count. Sex in the hot tub is still fun. Not to mention that you can do crazy positions in there that gravity just won't allow at your current ____. Fill in the blank with whatever applies to you: weight, flexibility, strength, age. Don't think that I am some crazy sex kitten. I have a newborn... enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment