Monday, July 29, 2013

Trip Comes to an End

As our trip has continued, the service has gotten better but the accommodations have gotten worse. Tonight there is a funny smell, holes in the wall, and shoe scuff marks all over the walls. We now reside in this fantastic room for the night.

But what has really happened is that my wild thing is growing up before my eyes. He's growling, grabbing things with intention, beginning to play, and has tasted his first foods. Sigh! With the food thing, we planned on waiting until 6 months. Yesterday we were given a sourdough bread turtle for him. He had to try it. He sucked on a leg like crazy and yelled when we took it away. I know their digestive system is not really ready for foods yet so we just let him lick.

Today he tried 3 more flavors: red pepper, cucumber, and tomato. They are all healthy and different flavors. He loved the tomato. My cowboy loved tomato too. He would eat them like apples. It's amazing to see my wild thing grow and change and see how much he will be my cowboy. There are fun times to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment